Cats are natural-born memes. No, seriously, look at your social media feed. There’s bound to be a kitty that is probably Mozart or Mohammed Ali reincarnated.
From wrestling with other pets to sleek poses and meows that sound like actual words, there’s no denying a feline’s star power. If you enjoy any form of cat jokes, then you’ll love these pawfectly purrfect cat puns.
They’ll put a smile on your face and lighten up the mood, especially after a stressful day.
So let’s dig our claws into these entertaining meow puns.
99 Cat Pun Jokes
I’m giving you the puns, alright, and as an added bonus, some quirky facts and fun little tidbits sprinkled throughout.
Amoewsing Cat Jokes & Puns: Straight From a Feline Mouth
Since cats are the rulers of the pet dog, it would be funny to know what cat phrases they’d use if they could communicate with us and other pets. I’m pretty sure you’ll hear the attitude and sarcasm behind every word. Here are some paw-some cat word puns (pretend it’s your cat speaking to you):
1. Come on now, don’t be a sourpuss.
2. I’m feline good (walks away with sass).
3. Hoomans worship me; I’m so purr-suasive.
Photo by Vadim B from Pexels
4. Dogs are in-furrior to cats.
5. I’ve got more purr-sonality than any other pet.
6. You have no cat nip? What a cat-astrope.
7. I will love you furr-ever (just kitten).
8. I am the radi-claw dictator of this house.
9. Oh, you’ve got to be kitten me.
10. Pawdon me, but you look so fur-miliar.
11. I’m so fur-tunate to be a cat.
12. You’re my best fur-end in the whole world.
13. Want to hear a tail about the cat who never landed on its feet?
14. There’s a paw-sibility that I might not make it on time.
15. It’s about time we get meowrried.
16. Puss in Boots will go down as the bravest cat in hiss-tory.
17. Dogs are better than cats — well, that’s just hiss-terical.
18. I feel claw-ful for accidentally hitting Buddy in the face.
19. I know I’ve torn your curtains, but you have to stay paw-sitive.
20. I would’ve sang Happy Purr-thday to you, but I had more important things to do.
21. I’m too much of a glamourpuss to share a house with Buddy, who can’t even wash himself.
22. Hold on, let me change into my purr-ple paw-jamas.
23. I’ll have my meow-tini shaken, not stirred, thanks.
24. I had better hide my paw prints from the claw-enforcement.
Photo by Tranmautritam from Pexels
25. Don’t look at me. I’m in a bad meoowed.
26. I purfurr that you don’t look for me all the time, I have things to do.
Fun Fact: Did you know that house cats are genetically 95.6% tiger? Yup, you read that right. This would explain why a cat’s behavior is so similar to that of tigers, such as pouncing, urine or scent marking, and prey stalking.
Read Next: Posting new photos of your adorable furry friend? Here are 99 paw-tastic cat captions for every occasion.
Pawsitively Punny Cat Jokes Inspired by Books
Ever wondered what it would have been like if your favorite book was written by and for cats? Here are some silly kitten puns that would fit purrfectly with these famous books’ characters or titles.
27. Lord Voldecat: Lord Voldecat’s out to get his revenge on Hairy Pawter, famously said: “There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it!”
28. Hairy Pawter: Lord Voldecat’s sworn enemy, of course.
29. Lord of the Strings: A cat pairs up with rabbits and dogs to win the battle of the string.
30. Les Meowserables: Follow the compelling story of a cat released from the shelter to his new home as a pet while being profusely pursued by a cat-catcher.
Photo by Amir Ghoorchiani from Pexels
31. The Great Catsby: From alley cat to living in the biggest house on the block, follow the Great Catsby’s intriguing story as a pretend lazy Ragdoll cat.
32. Gullipurr’s Travels: Follow Gullipurr’s adventures as a lazy cat who can’t be bothered to be anyone’s hero.
33. Cat 22: When mice threaten war against cats, Captain Kitty tries desperately to stay alive.
34. Catniss Everdeen: Catniss Everdeen has to leave her litter to fight in the “The Hunger Games” to save herself and her family.
Fun Fact: It was thought that the Egyptians domesticated cats. However, French archaeologists discovered a 9,500-year-old cat grave in Cyprus which predates Egyptian evidence about cats by more than 4,000 years.
Read Next: Check out these awesome Egyptian cat names.
Pun-tastic Cat Jokes & One-liners Used By Comedians
Here are some fantastic cat puns and jokes you can use for your next dinner party.
36. What do you call a cat that dresses fancy? A haute-cat-ture.
37. What did the cat say when he lost all his money? I’m paw.
38. What did the alien say to the cat? Take me to your litter.
39. How does a cat keep things in order? Claw-enforcement.
40. How do cats get into a fight? They hiss and makeup.
Photo by Anna Hinckel from Pexels
41. Who was the most powerful cat in China? Chairman Mieaow.
42. What’s a cat’s favorite button on a TV remote? Paws.
43. Why are cats, such terrible storytellers? They only have one tail.
44. What’s a cat’s favorite cereal? Mice Krispies.
45. Why did the cat have to go to an accountant? They got caught up in a purramid scheme.
46. Why don’t cats play poker in the jungle? There are too many cheetahs.
47. What do you call a cat with a lisp that has lost its keys? Keith.
48. What’s a cat’s favorite drink? Whisk-ey with lots of mice.
49. What’s usually said before a catfight? Hold my purrse.
50. How does a cat do its shopping? It browses through a catalog to find goods.
51. What do cats use to brush their hair? Cat-acombs.
52. How do cats keep up with fashion trends? They attend the latest catwalks.
53. What do cats do in their free time? They cat-ch up on their series.
54. What’s a cat’s favorite movie? The Purr-ge.
Fun Fact: It’s believed that cats may be the only mammals who can’t taste sweetness. If you think that’s bizarre, supposedly, they also have an extra special organ (vomeronasal organ) that allows them to smell with their mouths.
Read Next: If you’re a cat person, then you’ll adore these 67 quotes about cat lovers.
Photo by Kostiantyn Klymovets from Pexels
Best Cat Puns: Cat Vs. Mouse
Thanks to shows like Tom & Jerry, it’s kind of hard to joke about crazy cats without involving unsuspecting mice. Take a look at these puns about cats and mice.
55. What did the one cat say to the other? Have a mice day.
56. Why was the cat sitting on the computer? To keep an eye on the mouse.
57. What’s a cat’s favorite magazine? Good Mouse-keeping.
58. What treat does a cat enjoy on a hot day? A mice-cream cone.
59. What is a cat’s favorite dessert? Chocolate mouse.
60. How does a cat greet mice in a field? I’m pleased to meat you.
61. What time is it when ten cats chase a mouse? Ten after one.
62. What does a cat like to eat on his birthday? Cake and mice-cream.
Fun Fact: Are you aware cats sleep about 70% of their lives? That’s right; you’ll find that your furry four-legged friend can sleep for up to 16 hours a day. Find out more about why cats sleep so much here.
Cat Puns & Jokes From the Internet
Can’t get enough of the cute cat puns? Luckily for you, the internet has a never-ending source of funny feline material. So, let’s have a look at some chucklesome cat puns from the internet.
Photo by cottonbro studio from Pexels
63. Wait for a meow-ment.
64. Cut the cat-tidude.
65. I’ve got my thinking cat on today.
66. Keep up the meow-mentum.
67. Climb every meow-ntain.
68. A cat’s favorite movie is the sound of meow-sic.
69. A cat’s favorite paintings are self-paw-traits.
70. If your cat has smelly breath, give them some meow-thwash.
71. A cat with eight legs is called an octo-puss.
72. My cat loves litter-rature.
73. My friend, the alley cat, loves to go bowling.
74. My cat is super cat-lethic.
75. My cat went to nursing school because she wanted to be a first-aid kit.
76. It’s a paw-sibility that my cat ate your tuna sandwich.
77. My cat’s favorite subject at school is hiss-tory.
78. I’m surprised my cat passed the exam; they did the paw-minimum.
79. No kitten, I’m smitten.
80. My cat has class; he goes to kitty garden.
81. My heart has been kit-napped by the adorable cat.
82. To know a cat is purr joy.
83. Cats always have something very impurr-tant to say.
84. You look meow-velous!
85. Beclaws, I said so.
86. An angry cat makes me clawstrophobic.
87. The cat claws state that you have to give your kitty endless back rubs.
88. Cats go to purrgatory when they die.
89. A cat that plays piano is called a meowsician.
Photo by cottonbro studio from Pexels
90. The cat couldn’t see well because it had a nasty case of cat-aracts.
91. Desert cats and Christmas have one thing in common: sandy claws.
Fun Fact: An orange tabby cat named Stubbs was once the mayor of an Alaskan town. No, I’m not pulling a prank on you — Stubbs ran as the mayor of a small town, Talkeetna, for a whopping 20 years. Obviously, he didn’t have actual legislative power, but he won the hearts of locals and tourists for years.
Read Next: Ever notice your cat smiling at you? Is it a real smile, or does it have any meaning behind it? Here’s all you need to know about ‘do cats smile?’.
Cat Pun Names Inspired By Real People
Not sure what to name your cat? Why don’t you try something crazy and unique, like naming your feline after a cat pun? Hopefully, these will make you giggle.
92. Sir Isaac Mewton: Sir Isaac Newton may have discovered gravity, but Sir Isaac Mewton defies it.
93. Mewoses: Much like Moses, Mewoses is one of God’s favorites, so it has nine lives.
94. William Shakespaw: William Shakespeare may have invented the phrase “There’s a method to my madness,” but it’s William Shakespaw who embodies it.
Photo by Helena Jankovičová Kováčová from Pexels
95. Catti B: Unlike Cardi B, Catti B doesn’t have to pay a fortune to get her claws done.
96. Kitty Purry: Katy Perry and Kitty Purry have one thing in common: they both believe they can roar louder than a lion.
97. Meowly Cyrus: Meowly Cyrus doesn’t need you to love her; she can buy her own crunchy treats.
98. Cleocatra: Cleopatra, seducer of men and inventor of the iconic cat-eye makeup look. Cleocatra seducer of all and was born with the iconic cat eyes.
99. Martin Luther Kitten Jr.: Martin Luther King Jr. once said, ‘I have a dream.’ Martin Luther Kitten Jr. said, ‘I am your dream, hooman.’
Fun Fact: Main Coon cats are the largest domestic cat breed. These big boys can reach up to 25 pounds or more. Compare that to the smallest domesticated cat, the Singapura, which can only grow up to four to six pounds.
Next Read: Speaking of quotes, have a look at my hilarious list of 83 cat quotes.
Which Funny Cat Puns Were Your Favorite?
There you have it. The cat is out of the bag on some of the funniest (or shall I say pun-niest?) kitty puns.
Cats are seriously the cutest and the funniest little comedians that’ll entertain your family and friends (if they’re not sleeping all day). However, these puns and jokes are a great alternative if you’re not able to have a cat of your own.
If reading this post made you smile, then you might also enjoy these silly cat jokes.